Bengal Institute for Architecture, Landscapes and Settlements, a unique, transdisciplinary forum for the study and design of the environment, is looking to hire a skilled video editor with photography skills on a part time basis.
The responsibilities include:
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of a video clip
- Input music, dialogues, captions, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with relevant team members from production to post-production process
- Capture and edit photos for multiple platforms
- Perform retouching and image adjustments
- Maintain all photos captured and videos edited in proper archival systems
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and ANY editing software package (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Any additional qualifications or certifications in photography or video editing is desirable but not required
Required work hours:
Working hours are from 10 am to 6 pm, from Sundays to Thursdays, out of which, the candidate is expected to come to the office three days a week. The candidate will have to be available for working on special occasions, such as outdoor site visits or public events, which may take place on weekends and/or public holidays.
Interested candidates can fill out the form below.